- 'Incident' at Iran's Natanz nuclear facility a day after starting up new centrifuges
Iran on Sunday confirmed an "incident" at a nuclear plant in Natanz, a day after the government said it was launching more than 150 new uranium enrichment centrifuges at the underground facility.
- UN is 'very concerned' about Princess Latifa's situation and still waiting for 'proof of life'
The United Arab Emirates has not proven that Princess Latifa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum, the missing daughter of Dubai's ruler, is alive, the United Nations has said.
- Powell tells '60 Minutes' that US economy is at an 'inflection point'
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said the US economy is at an "inflection point," and that growth and job creation is poised to accelerate.
- The time has come to start training the pets for your return to work
Pets -- like their humans -- had to adjust during the pandemic.
- St. Vincent suffers power outage after La Soufrière volcano erupts
There has been a massive power outage on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent where La Soufrière volcano began erupting Friday, St. Vincent and the Grenadines National Emergency Management Organization reported Sunday.
- Covid-19 hospitalizations among younger people are rising in the US -- especially in one region
The US just hit a record high of about 4.6 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines reported administered in one day, according to data published Saturday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Former Attorney General and legal activist Ramsey Clark dies at 93
Ramsey Clark, the former US attorney general and legal activist, has died at the age of 93, his granddaughter told CNN.
- Deal between Korean battery firms is a big lift for US EV makers
Two major makers of lithium batteries used for electric vehicles have reached a deal on an intellectual property dispute that threatened to curtail the supply of batteries needed to step up US production of EVs.
- Live updates: Nearly 40% of Marines have declined vaccine
- How safe is it to fly on a plane? Experts weigh in
Would-be travelers are crooning a new theme song: "Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away."
- Anti-Defamation League CEO: Fox needs to rethink its entire primetime lineup
Tucker Carlson sparked a wave of backlash with comments about the so-called "white replacement theory" on his Fox show Thursday evening. In response, Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt sent a letter urging Fox to dump Carlson, and now he's saying the network needs to rethink its entire lineup.
- Polls show majority of Republicans mistakenly think the 2020 election wasn't legitimate
Poll of the week: A new Reuters/Ipsos poll finds that 55% of Republicans falsely believe Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 presidential election was the result of illegal voting or rigging. Additionally, 60% of Republicans incorrectly agree that the election was stolen from Republican Donald Trump.
- Biden's secretary of state criticizes China's failure to provide early transparency on Covid
Secretary of State Antony Blinken criticized China Sunday for not disclosing information on Covid-19 and its aggression in Taiwan and said that the US has "real concerns" about Russia's actions on the Ukraine border.
- 'SNL' takes on the Derek Chauvin trial
"Saturday Night Live" opened this week's episode tackling the news from the Derek Chauvin trial via a Minnesota morning show. The show included two Black anchors, played by Ego Nwodim and Kenan Thompson, and two White anchors, played by Alex Moffat and Kate McKinnon.
- Queen said Prince Philip's death has 'left a huge void in her life'
- Biden strengthens Obama's legacy while seeking his own
With sweeping economic recovery plans, President Joe Biden seeks his own legacy like the New Deal or Great Society. But he's also bolstering Barack Obama's.
- Queen said Prince Philip's death has 'left a huge void in her life'
• Prince Harry will attend Prince Philip's funeral
• Complaints flood in over wall-to-wall TV coverage of Philip's death
• How 'The Crown' introduced Prince Philip to a generation of Americans
- India hits 100 million vaccinations as Covid-19 cases surge to record numbers
India has been gripped by a life or death race against Covid-19, as the country of nearly 1.4 billion people rolls out one of the fastest vaccination drives in the world while recording all-time high tallies of infections.
- eBay removes a listing selling art created in a Japanese American concentration camp
At first glance, the drawings seem innocuous.
- Dennis Rodman's daughter scores on NWSL debut
Trinity Rodman, the daughter of former NBA star Dennis Rodman, marked her professional soccer debut with a goal on Saturday, although her Washington Spirit side were beaten 3-2 by North Carolina Courage in the National Women's Soccer League.
- How to survive hotel quarantine
Being stuck in isolation in a small hotel room for days on end with no option to leave could easily have been the basis for a fly-on-the-wall wall reality show a few years ago.
- Real Madrid goes top of La Liga with El Clasico victory over Barcelona
Real Madrid weathered bitter winds and driving rain to defeat Barcelona 2-1 in an action-packed El Clasico on Saturday.
- For many sufferers of long Covid, proving they are sick is a big part of the battle
Lyth Hishmeh kept feeling ill months after contracting coronavirus a year ago in March. He had chest pain and couldn't concentrate. At 26 years old, the former regular runner was fatigued and breathless, struggling to function properly. Yet medical professionals kept telling him he simply could not still be ill.
- Golfer has unfortunate slip at the Masters after removing shoes and socks for shot in water
- Inside the case that bankrupted the Klan
At first, Cecelia Perry thought she knew what happened to her younger brother when he failed to return from a late-night trip to a service station on March 20, 1981.
- The secret surgeons slipping into South Korea's operating rooms
- Find out which countries are welcoming US tourists back
- The United Arab Emirates has announced its first female astronaut
A woman has made history in the United Arab Emirates as the country's first female astronaut.
- Too Chinese for the US, too American for China. Where can Asian Americans call home?
- Video shows lightning shatter a tree outside of a Wisconsin high school
The National Weather Service says, "When thunder roars, go indoors" for a reason.
- The testimony by police brass at Derek Chauvin's trial is unprecedented
An unprecedented lineup of law enforcement officers -- including the Minneapolis police chief -- took the stand at the murder trial of former officer Derek Chauvin, denouncing him for kneeling on the neck of George Floyd for more than nine minutes.
- The bitter battle over tourism at Russia's 'Sacred Sea'
Lake Baikal, Russia's 'Sacred Sea,' has been a lifeline for inhabitants of southern Siberia for thousands of years, thanks to its pristine water and rich fauna.
- China hits Alibaba with record $2.8 billion fine for behaving like a monopoly
China has ordered Alibaba to pay a record fine of 18.2 billion yuan ($2.8 billion) after antitrust regulators concluded that the online shopping giant had been behaving like a monopoly.
- What's behind the recent violence in Northern Ireland?
For over a week, riots have marred the streets across five cities and towns in Northern Ireland. Cars and a bus have been hijacked and burned, young people have thrown petrol bombs at police, and at least 74 officers have been injured.
- Will Brits be able to travel to the US this summer?
Maybe it's falling asleep on the red-eye flight, dreaming of gleaming skyscrapers before waking up to views of Long Island, ready to live out all your NYC fantasies.
- Boris Johnson may have won pandemic politics
Things have been going relatively well for Boris Johnson of late.
- Surreal scenes in Phuket as island pins reopening hopes on vaccines
Pre-pandemic, Phuket's Patong Beach was not a place you'd go for peace and quiet.
- Her babies taken, she died alone in a police cell — the victim of a problem Australia can't seem to fix
Rebecca Maher didn't get to hold her youngest child.
- 'I think it's gross': Katie Hill on Gaetz using her name in op-ed
Former California Democratic Congresswoman Katie Hill, who resigned amid allegations of inappropriate relationships with campaign staffers, reacts to Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz invoking her name in an op-ed he wrote declaring he would not resign over allegations of violating sex trafficking laws -- claims that he denies.
- What one-time tourist hotspot Phuket looks like today
The Thai government has announced a plan to allow vaccinated tourists quarantine-free travel to the holiday island of Phuket. CNN's Blake Essig reports on how this could be a challenge for Thailand, which has struggled to get vaccine doses.
- NRA CEO says he needed to take shelter on a yacht
Prosecutors are accusing the National Rifle Association (NRA) of exploiting the bankruptcy process to sidestep its growing legal troubles. CNN's Brynn Gingras has the details.
- Evacuations continue after Caribbean volcano's explosive eruption
A volcano on the island of St. Vincent in the Caribbean erupted, authorities reported Friday, sending ash plumes 20,000 feet into the air.
- How the Duke of Edinburgh helped keep the Royals together
Known more for his controversial comments and being one step behind the Queen, Prince Philip played an important role in the royal household as its patriarch. CNN takes a look at his life.
- Must-watch videos of the week
- World's top new watches unveiled
Around this time of year, lifestyle journalists would be regaling watch enthusiasts with tales from Richemont's ritzy Watches & Wonders trade fair (formerly Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie, SIHH) at Geneva's Palexpo convention center, and the historic Baselworld, where every other watchmaker, from Alpina to Zenith, is hosted and toasted in the Herzog & de Meuron-designed Messe exhibition complex.
- This is what Disney Parks of the future will look like
Walt Disney World is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, and Disneyland plans to reopen later this month. But Disney Parks Chairman Josh D'Amaro is thinking about the next 50 years.
- Khloe Kardashian's leaked bikini photo has revealed an ugly truth
Earlier this week, a candid photo of Khloe Kardashian in a leopard print bikini was mistakenly shared on social media. Her team fruitlessly tried to scrub all traces of the image after it was reportedly posted by one of her assistants.
- Forget SUVs. These auto makers think tiny electric cars are the next big thing
Americans have long had a love affair with big SUVs that can carry more people and stuff than they usually need to transport and go much further than most of us drive in a day. But now there's a number of start ups that are betting they can sell car shoppers on vehicles that offer the exact opposite.
- Car ferries in the skies: The rise and fall of the Aviation Traders Carvair
If an aviation enthusiast were to compile a roster of the world's weirdest looking planes, the ATL-98 Carvair would definitely merit a place of honor.
- Airborne lab flies 50 feet above the ocean
From the outside, you could easily mistake it for any other small passenger jet. But once you're inside, it's clear that this is not a typical aircraft.