- Calgary Fire Department Drive-By Birthdays To help celebrate Calgarians’ birthdays, while respecting the rules of physical distancing, the Calgary Fire Department is offering Drive-By Birthdays to people between the ages of 4-12 and 75+.
“This idea came from our members and the Calgary Firefighters’ Association, and they have been a driving force in getting this program
- City of Calgary update on response to COVID-19 – April 3, 2020 The City of Calgary continues maintaining essential services during this State of Local Emergency with orders to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please see below for the latest updates.
City event cancellations extended
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in response to the recent provincial public health order to prohibit gatherings with more
- City of Calgary update on response to COVID-19 The City of Calgary would like to remind citizens that we remain in a State of Local Emergency. This is to support the Province of Alberta’s efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Please see below for the latest updates
Based on the Federal Government’s decision to make self-isolation measures ma
- City of Calgary announces 1,200 temporary layoffs The City of Calgary has implemented mandatory facility closures, program suspensions and temporary layoffs as part of the organization’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Like many businesses and government bodies, COVID-19 has had a significant impact on City programs and services. As a result, many on-call, part-time and temporary emplo
- City announces further restrictions due to COVID-19 NEWS RELEASE
March 27, 2020
CALGARY – The City of Calgary announced further measures to reinforce physical distancing as part of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective immediately, The Calgary Emergency Management Agency has ordered the closure of massage parlours as well as hair and nail salons.
“We recognize the
- City of Calgary update on response to COVID-19 The City continues maintaining essential services during a state of emergency with orders to prevent the spread of COVID-19. All City services including police, fire, water, transit, water & recycling are continuing and managing well.
Please see below for the latest updates.
Supporting business and local operators
The City of Calgary worki
- City-operated playgrounds to close As a result of community members not respecting the requirement for social distancing, The City of Calgary is closing City-operated playgrounds (equipment only) effective immediately.
City Parks crews will require a few days to cordon off all 1,100 City-operated playgrounds in Calgary. During this time, The City asks all Calgarians to respect th
- City restricts access to Municipal Complex News release March 20
RESTRICTING ACCESS TO CITY HALL
Mach 20 – As a result of the measures put in place to limit the amount of time Albertans are spending in large crowds and crowded spaces, public access to The City of Calgary Municipal Complex is changing.
Effective Monday, March 23, The City will be restricting access to the
- City of Calgary update on response to COVID-19 The City of Calgary continues maintaining essential services during a state of emergency with orders to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please see below for the latest updates.
Calgary Community Response Fund
Through a formal partnership with The City of Calgary (including the Calgary Emergency Management Agency), United Way of Calgary and Ar
- Calgary Transit update on response to COVID-19 To protect the health, safety and wellness of citizens and employees, starting on Friday, March 20, Calgary Transit is asking customers to board buses using the rear doors.
Calgary Transit made this decision to keep operators safe by reducing the number of interactions between operators and customers, increasing physical distancing and ultimatel