- City of Calgary Financial Task Force recommendations Today, City Council accepted the reports and recommendations put forward by The City’s Financial Task Force. The Task Force has been meeting regularly since September 2019 to identify and assess innovative solutions to address The City’s financial challenges for short-term economic mitigation, long-term economic recovery solutions, and
- City Services: Canada Day 2020 We're adjusting our hours of operation for Canada Day on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
Canada Day virtual celebrations
Celebrate at home and online: on July 1 we invite Calgarians to watch the premiere of our virtual Canada Day concert featuring Canadian country music star and humanitarian Paul Brandt with local musicians neo-soul singer Lynn
- City announces initial recreation programming and facility locations to reopen while ensuring safety of citizens and staff On June 29, The City of Calgary will reopen four ice rinks: George Blunden, Optimist, Stew Hendry and Henry Viney. The Norma Bush, Shouldice and Stu Peppard arenas are currently open with dry pads for non-ice sports.
By July 20, The City will reopen Bob Bahan, Canyon Meadows, Glenmore and Killarney aquatic and fitness centres. All facilities wil
- City of Calgary Fair Entry counter is now open at the Municipal Building The Fair Entry counter on the third floor of the Municipal Building is now open to the public. The counter has been closed since March 19 due to the pandemic. There are new health and safety precautions in place to protect staff and the public. They include:
A plexiglass barrier at all counters
Masks are available to all staff and clients
- Mayor Nenshi encourages citizens to celebrate Calgary’s first ever virtual Neighbour Day, June 20 Tomorrow, Saturday, June 20, Mayor Naheed Nenshi encourages citizens to celebrate Calgary’s first ever virtual Neighbour Day by connecting with their neighbours through virtual events and other online challenges and activities available at Calgary.ca/NeighbourDay.
“Neighbour Day is going to look and feel a little different this year,
- City of Calgary reminds Calgarians to source licensed contractors for insurance claims and property repairs In the aftermath of the devastating hailstorm, The City of Calgary is reminding Calgarians of the importance of recognizing licensed businesses when sourcing general contractors for repairs and insurance claims.
Communities affected by damage resulting from the storm are seeing an increase in door-to-door sales approaches by contractor services.
- Council approves Green Line program
On Tuesday, June 16, City Council approved Administration’s Green Line recommendation on the updated Stage 1 alignment (from 16 Avenue N. to Shepard) along with changes to construction staging.
“Council’s approval today is a pivotal step in achieving the vision of Green Line promised to Calgarians,” said Michael Thomp
- Celebrate Canada Day at home and online this year Oh Canada. Let’s get ready to celebrate at home and online. On July 1st we invite Calgarians to watch the premiere of our virtual Canada Day concert featuring Canadian country music star and humanitarian Paul Brandt with local musicians neo-soul singer Lynn Olagundoye, Alberta roots singer-songwriter T Buckley, indie folk-rocker Chad Van Gaal
- Spring 2020 Research Results The 2020 Spring Pulse Survey results are in and satisfaction with the level and quality of City programs and services has seen an increase from both Fall and Spring 2019.
The City of Calgary conducts an annual Spring Pulse Survey to gather citizens’ views and perceptions about City programs and services. Findings from these surveys provide
- Change Can’t Wait! – Second round of funding for mental health and addiction Today, The City of Calgary, in partnership with community leaders, is announcing over $500,000.00 in funding for a second round of seeking new and innovative ideas to help with mental health and addiction. This round is focused on two issues; reducing stigma and strengthening community resiliency.
Change Can’t Wait! is a funding opportunit